I have a small collection of old Con-Cor trailers. They look rather plan for the most part and only partly resemble any real trailers. I thought I’d spruce one up and see what could be done.

The first thing I did was paint the roof silver.  That one thing made the biggest difference to the model.  All of a sudden, I saw potential.  In the end, I added more paint and some details to suggest a model. It doesn’t represent any specific prototype. I used a prototype photos as a guideline only.

For details, I added styrene strips to the landing gear as supports. I added mudflaps. I bent some styrene around the spare tire to act as the cradle for it. I also added some tightly coiled magnet wire to be brake lines.